SKATE RULES FOR SKATESCOOL TAURANGA (ST)
*Entry is conditional on reading and following these rules. By entering the venue you agree to these terms of service.
- Socks must be worn when wearing hire skates
- No food or drink to be taken on the rink
- No photos or recordings of any kind are to be made of other skaters without their permission.
- Please skate in an anti-clockwise direction unless you are advised to do otherwise by ST Staff.
- Any persons deemed by ST staff to be intoxicated by alcohol and/or drugs will not be allowed to skate, removed from the venue and future entry may be refused.
- Please listen to the direction of ST staff; they are there for your safety and the safety of others.
- All patrons must report any injury to ST staff at the time of event. Ice packs and first aid supplies will be available.
- No carrying of children or any other persons on the rink at any time.
- No outside footwear on the rink area at any time for any reason.
- No pushing or disruptive behavior that could jeopardise the safety of other skaters.
- Skate within your own ability and be aware of other skaters.
- ST staff will not accept any abusive or threatening behavior under any circumstances. Any persons deemed to be doing so will be removed from the venue.
- No hire skates to be worn outside of venue. Skates must be removed prior to going outside.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR USING YOUR OWN SKATES AND EQUIPMENT
- Please clean your skates before arriving at the venue.
- No axle bolts protruding over wheels or excessively worn wheels or stoppers.
- Skates designed to have toe stoppers must have toe stoppers or plugs fitted before skating.
- Skatescool Tauranga (ST) strives to provide you with a safe skating environment. Please bear in mind that roller skating is an extreme sport, and you skate at your own risk.
- ST is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage, however caused, to yourself or a 3rd party, your property, or clothing.
- People skating at this venue do so entirely at their own risk and ST cannot be held responsible for any accidents caused by in-house structures, hire skates, objects, or the actions of other skaters.
- The use of personal protective equipment of wrist, knee, elbow pads and helmets is recommended during all skating activity. Wearing protective equipment will reduce the chance of injury due to falls or collisions. ST will provide these if required.
- Persons using their own skates and equipment are responsible for the maintenance and safety of such. ST reserves the right to refuse to allow persons to use skates or equipment that they deem unfit for use. ST cannot be held responsible for any accidents, injury or damage caused by privately owned skates or equipment to yourself or a 3rd party.
- ST reserves the right to remove persons from the venue for any reasons. We will remove people immediately with no refund for behavior likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance, including drug and alcohol abuse or for failure to comply with the reasonable requests of ST staff.
- We highly recommend that you do not take part in skating activities if you suffer from high blood pressure, heart conditions, back or neck problems, brittle bones, joint injuries, pregnancy, epilepsy or any other condition that could be aggravated by this activity and recommend you consult with your physician before starting any exercise program.
- ST will use flashing and strobe lighting as part of their event.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian at all times. Any child we believe to be unaccompanied will be asked to leave the rink and monitored safely at the venue until a responsible adult or guardian is on site or further action could be taken at the discretion of ST staff.
- PHOTO RELEASE/WAIVER: By attending a ST event I am giving permission for ST to use photos in its promotional, digital and printed media. Please advise ST via email if you wish to be excluded from this.
THESE RULES ARE IN PLACE TO ENHANCE YOUR SKATING EXPERIENCE AND THAT OF OTHERS, AS WELL AS TO PROTECT THE SKATING FLOOR AND EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT.
THANK YOU FOR READING AND FOLLOWING THESE RULES.